Comprehension Coloring

Good Morning Everyone, 
I hope you are still enjoying your Summer and if you are back at work, 
well I wish you an A-W-E-S-O-M-E year ahead!!!!! 
I just wanted to pop in and tell you a bit about my Comprehension Coloring Pack. It's so much fun and we had a great time with it last year. I actually had a really difficult group and this was one of the activities where they were most engaged and well behaved!


It's pretty simple. The name of the pack says it all! The students read the text and color accordingly. Here is a peek at my Comprehension Coloring Pack!


I like to ask the kiddies to highlight or underline important words (i.e. under, over, left, right, etc...). Many of the pages also include extra activities (i.e. adding to the picture, writing words or numbers, answering questions, etc...).  I have also included vocabulary, we learn new words with each page! 
We have so much fun and I get to check their understanding!

I actually set aside a period for this activity, but it can easily be done as morning work and/or early finisher work. I sent it to printing and made it into a booklet, but my colleague liked printing off a few pages at a time. It can be used in a variety of ways!

Here are some more pictures...






They are such great artists! 

You can check out my Comprehension Coloring Pack HERE!


Don't forget to download the preview for some sample pages! 

Until next time...

3 comments

  1. That looks like a great activity pack! I've added it to my wishlist. I think things like that are so good for having kids practice following directions, Thanks for sharing!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pack looks great! I love things like that for having my students practice following directions. It's on my wishlist!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Would be great to bring along when I'm subbing :)

    Linda
    Down the Learning Road

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top