Don't Bother Me Hat!

Good Morning Everyone, 
I'm so excited to link up (AGAIN) with some F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S bloggers in yet another amazing Bright Ideas Blog Hop! 


This is such a great way to get, well, BRIGHT ideas!

This month's BRIGHT idea is one that I use all year round. It is also a great tool to use in any classroom and at any grade level.


I call it: My Don't Bother Me Hat!

It is a quick and easy way to inform your students that you are busy and cannot answer their questions at the moment. I often use it when working one-on-one with students. It's always nice to have the least amount of interruptions when reading with or assessing a student. 

It is simple, just wear the hat anytime you wish to be undisturbed and point to it each time a student "forgets" and comes up to you with a question. This way, you do not need to speak and disrupt your one-on-one lesson.

It takes a few "training" sessions to get your students accustomed to the practice. It is expected that students will need some time to adjust to the fact that they cannot come to you at any given time for any given reason! Once they are familiar with the Don't Bother Me Hat, it is a wonderful, and well quite snazzy (if you ask me!), little trick.

The sillier you look, the better. For some reason, they just take it more seriously that way!

I hope you enjoyed this BRIGHT idea! Please consider joining me on FacebookInstagram, and my Teacher Store.

For more bright ideas from over 130 different bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic that interests you. Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

1 comment

  1. What a cute idea! I've used the tap light before, but I forget to use it. I wouldn't forget to put on a hat :) Smart tip!
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top